PL/SQL Database Developer (Huntsville, AL)
Altus Engineering is seeking a PL/SQL Database Developer in support of the Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) based in Redstone Arsenal near Huntsville, AL. The US Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) is one of the most extensive, detailed, and impactful lubricant analysis programs worldwide. AOAP is a maintenance diagnostic program that monitors lubricant condition and detects impending component failures, allowing Army units to identify faults and perform maintenance before more severe/catastrophic damage to components occurs. AOAP contractor operated laboratories are located throughout the world with three CONUS and two OCONUS regional locations.
- The PL/SQL Developer will work onsite at the AOAP PMO offices in Redstone Arsenal, AL
- The PL/SQL Developer shall perform software and database analysis, design, and development according to Government defined software processes, procedures, and standards as expressed by the AOAP PMO.
- The PL/SQL Developer shall interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from the Army customer, reviewing, verifying, and validating system specifications and other design-related documentation.
- The PL/SQL Developer shall use advanced concepts to optimize PL/SQL based on constraints such as memory and CPU utilization.
Education and Certification Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer or electrical engineering, computer science, math, or physics. Only degrees from an accredited college or university.
- Equivalent applicable experience can be considered in lieu of a 4-year degree.
- Must possess CompTIA Security+ and operating system certification.
- Possession of or ability to attain a Secret Security Clearance
- Ten (10) or more years of PL/SQL development experience
- Ten (10) or more years of data modeling experience
- Five (5) or more years of TOAD or equivalent IDE experience
- Five (5) or more years of Agile software development
- Familiarity with industry best practices, especially in PL/SQL development
Altus offers competitive salaries and employee benefits. Salary will be established to reflect education, work experience, and demonstrated skills.