Java Software Developer (Huntsville, AL)
Altus Engineering is seeking a Java Software Developer in support of the Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) based in Redstone Arsenal near Huntsville, AL. The US Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) is one of the most extensive, detailed, and impactful lubricant analysis programs worldwide. AOAP is a maintenance diagnostic program that monitors lubricant condition and detects impending component failures, allowing Army units to identify faults and perform maintenance before more severe/catastrophic damage to components occurs. AOAP contractor operated laboratories are located throughout the world with three CONUS and two OCONUS regional locations.
- The Java Developer will work onsite at the AOAP PMO offices in Redstone Arsenal, AL
- The Java Developer shall perform software analysis, design, and development according to Government defined software processes, procedures, and standards as expressed by the AOAP PMO.
- The Java Developer shall interpret and analyze requirements obtained/derived from the Army customer, reviewing, verifying, and validating system specifications and other design-related documentation.
- The Java Developer shall support updates to and maintenance of the AOAP-owned OASIS LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), a system tasked with gathering and analyzing laboratory data from all distributed AOAP locations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer or electrical engineering, computer science, math, or physics. Only degrees from an accredited college or university.
- Equivalent applicable experience can be considered in lieu of a 4-year degree
- Five (5) or more years of Java software development experience
- Five (5) or more years of Agile software development process experience
- Unix and Windows® operating systems experience
- Atlassian, Git and Agile experience
- Oracle PL/SQL programming experience
- SQL programming experience
- Possession of or ability to attain a Secret Security Clearance
Altus offers competitive salaries and employee benefits. Salary will be established to reflect education, work experience, and demonstrated skills.