Project Lead - Army Oil Analysis Program (Huntsville, AL)
Altus Engineering is seeking a Project Lead in support of the Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) based in Redstone Arsenal near Huntsville, AL The Project Lead has the overall program responsibility for the contractor for the AOAP.
The US Army Oil Analysis Program (AOAP) is one of the most extensive, detailed, and impactful lubricant analysis programs worldwide. AOAP is a maintenance diagnostic program that monitors lubricant condition and detects impending component failures, allowing Army units to identify faults and perform maintenance before more severe/catastrophic damage to components occurs. AOAP contractor operated laboratories are located throughout the world with three CONUS and two OCONUS regional locations. The contractor, Altus, LLC, is a globally recognized leader in engineering and technical services, having worked with the Army and other federal organizations since its founding in .2004.
- The Project Lead will be the Contractor's primary technical point of contact with the AOAP PMO, Redstone Arsenal, AL.
- The Project Lead will coordinate between Government representatives and contractor personnel providing technical direction and working instructions to program personnel for the Army Oil Analysis Program.
- The Project Lead will have primary responsibility for the development of an ISO 17025 program, and the review and development of required documentation.
- The Project Lead will have responsibility for conducting audits in support of contract requirements, including onsite at all program laboratories.
Qualifications: The Project Lead shall
- have PMP certification (current or received within 12 months)
- possess demonstrated leadership experience (senior noncommissioned officer or company grade office within the U.S military, or commercial equivalent)
- investigation ability to provide corrective actions
- data collection and presentation experience
- be fluent in English (reading, writing and speaking).
- be able to attain SECRET clearance
- be able to attain ICML Laboratory Lubrication Analyst Level II certification (MRG Labs is the leading provider of training services for LLA certification, and will provide training, materials and assistance for the employee to achieve this requirement)
- Desired: 3 or more years of quality management experiences including work with ISO standards or similar
- USA Citizens only
- The Project Lead shall report to Redstone Arsenal regularly for work
- Travel will be required at least annually to all program laboratories for audit purposes, with additional travel possible as needs dictate
No specific degree requirements are stated but expertise in Chemistry, Petroleum Engineering, equipment maintenance and troubleshooting and/or engineering analysis would be a plus.
The Project Lead will conduct annual government furnished property (GFP) inventories at each laboratory in the program, including overseas locations. Will be responsible for annual reviews and updates of key program documents, including laboratory operating procedures, QC Plan, and Training Plan. The Project Lead shall possess the ability to investigate, and respond to, any discrepancy reports, cure notices, or complaints, written or verbal, arising from laboratory operations; will provide responses to the Government in writing. The Project Lead shall possess experience in the collection and presentation of data for the purposes of providing periodic program evaluations to the AOAP PMO.
Employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by an applicant or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Altus reserves the right to alter, change, modify and/or terminate this job posting at any time without advance notice, or obligation, to any party.
Altus offers competitive salaries and employee benefits. Salary will be established to reflect education, work experience, and demonstrated skills.