Senior Test Engineer (Stafford, VA)
Altus Engineering, partnering with Davis Defense Group (DDG), is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to support the US Marine Corps Program Manager Light Tactical Vehicle (PM LTV). The selected test engineer will serve as a specialist in the planning and execution of instructional and/or research assignments. They will coordinate delivery of professional training and related evaluation services. Responsibilities will include:
- Assess operational and system performance requirements for testability and criticality to establish system-level test and evaluation (T&E) objectives and enable live-fire test planning including definition of instrumentation selection, location, and installation, as well as plans for data collection and analysis.
- Plan program and event level risk-tailored performance estimation and analysis of system and operational effectiveness. Define associated success and failure criteria.
- Design data sampling schemes to optimize the information/resource balance and to control testing uncertainties addressing issues such as data rate and acceptable levels of noise in readings. Define timing requirements for instrumentation operation.
- Support data reduction, perform data analysist, and lead test report generation activities to document T&E results. Define conclusions and recommendations based on system-level engineering analysis
- Present components of test readiness reviews (TRRs) and post-test data reviews. Coordinate test operations with range personnel.
- Support design and fabrication of specialized test fixtures and instrumentation brackets as required.
- Support and direct data collection as needed
- Perform test-related safety analysis
- Perform other related duties for the Program Management Office as assigned
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical field typically an engineering discipline (or a STEM degree plus related work experience). The work environment assumes the ability to work independently taking responsibility for testing activities but also working collaboratively with other members of the team.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to receive a SECRET clearance (ideally one already in place)
- >10 years of applicable engineering and test operations experience)
- Strong verbal and written communication and documentation skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software
- Capability to work for prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Additional background desired but not required includes:
- Experience with United States Marine Corps or DoD systems and equipment
- System Engineering work experience
- Experience with testing safety protocols, particularly with handling of explosive materials
Altus offers competitive salaries and employee benefits. Salary will be established to reflect education, work experience, and demonstrated skills.