Senior Survivability Engineer (Stafford, VA)
Altus Engineering, partnering with Davis Defense Group (DDG), is looking for a Senior Survivability Engineer to support the US Marine Corps Program Manager Light Tactical Vehicle (PM LTV). The survivability engineer will serve as a specialist in the performance of survivability analysis primarily for Live-Fire Test and Evaluation (LFT&E) of military systems and equipment and will be responsible for generation of related system engineering documentation. They will lead analytical activities to assess performance of military hardware subjected to test and evaluation (T&E). Responsibilities will include:
- Assessment of vulnerabilities of military equipment to be tested
- Definition of survivability criteria and failure modes and effects
- Application of survivability/lethality/vulnerability (SLV) data and modeling results to support planning for live-fire tests to evaluate performance of equipment against real and simulated threats
- Generation of related system engineering studies and related documentation in support of test planning including shot-line and munitions selection
- Performance of engineering analysis to assess specific vulnerabilities of interest
- Coordination and correlation of efforts with data generated in the evaluation of similar systems using AJEM and related models. Effective performance of this effort may require coordination on a joint basis with other branches of the military service
- Generation of conclusions and recommendations regarding survivability based on test data analysis
- Performs other related duties for the Program Management Office as assigned
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or mathematical modeling. A master’s degree is preferred. The work environment assumes the ability to work independently taking a technical leadership role for survivability work and systems engineering efforts while also working collaboratively with other members of the team.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to receive a SECRET clearance (ideally one already in place)
- >10 years of systems Operations Research Analysis or equivalent systems engineering work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and survivability assessment tools and techniques
- Capability to work for prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
Additional background desired but not required includes:
- Experience with United States Marine Corps/U.S. Military systems and equipment
- Live-Fire Test and Evaluation or Survivability Assessment background
Altus offers competitive salaries and employee benefits. Salary will be established to reflect education, work experience, and demonstrated skills.