Full Stack Web Developer
Altus Engineering is seeking a Full Stack Web Developer to support our DoD team working on highly visible projects utilizing leading edge technologies.
Altus Engineering is a nationally recognized small business. We have an established reputation for providing sophisticated solutions for our National Defense community. If you enjoy intellectually challenging projects, love to code, and enjoy brainstorming with like-minded developers who are part of a highly skilled software development team then Altus may be for you. This job can be performed almost fully remote, but candidates must be accessible to either Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD or White Sands Missile Range, NM for onboarding, IT support, and occasional meetings.
In this job you will:
- Develop new website applications and extend functionality of existing sites
- Test code, features, business rules, and integrations
- Troubleshoot and fix website, application, and user support issues.
- Work closely with Project Manager, customers, and other staff members to collect requirements, estimate work, and ensure that tasks are deployed according to schedule
- Design and envision new web-based systems in response to customer business requirements
We are looking for a web developer who:
- Loves to code, works hard to stay current, is excited by new technology, and enjoys discussing new ideas and brainstorming
- Is a well- rounded developer with experience in different technologies
- Has heavy application development experience
- Can work both independently and in small collaborative teams
- Can drive complex projects
- Enjoys intellectually challenging tasks
- Appreciates the flexibility and benefits of a small company
- Has accessibility to Aberdeen Proving Ground or White Sands Missile Range
Additional Requirements: U.S. Citizenship and capability to obtain security clearance.
- 5 years of professional web/software development experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent work experience
In addition to these skills, we also desire a candidate who has experience with the following:
- Linux/Apache Environments
- PHP MVC Application Frameworks (e.g., CakePHP)
- Web APIs
- Unix/Linux Command Line Tools
Altus offers competitive salaries and employee benefits. Salary will be dependent on experience and will reflect education, work experience, and demonstrated skills.
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Every other Friday off work schedule
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Life insurance, AD&D
- Short- and Long-term disability insurance
- Long term care insurance
We look forward to your application!
Altus offers competitive salaries and employee benefits. Salary will be established to reflect education, work experience, and demonstrated skills.